DCCA Board Seeks Candidates
Our current board members make their community service look glamorous and exciting, but being a DCCA Board Member takes patience, a lot of reading, and regular monthly meetings that sometimes turn into weekly meetings. Board members also chair and/or serve on one of the community’s committees (Executive,
ARB, Long Range Planning, Infrastructure, Community Affairs, Legal & Regulatory, and Grievance).
The DCCA Board, pursuant to the community bylaws, has appointed a Nominating Committee to review applications for prospective new board members. This year’s Nominating Committee includes Tom Moon, Ken Davis, Emerson Gower, Doug Patton and Helen Rose.
Community members interested in being considered for a board position may submit the self-nomination form, click here. The form can be sent to Kelly Floyd at email@example.com.
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Exercise fiduciary responsibilities on behalf of their fellow community members;
• Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings and working sessions as the need arises;
• Necessary skill set to meet the vacancy of retiring directors;
• Committee membership involvement and potential chair responsibilities;
• Preference given to members with prior committee involvement;
• A willingness to develop an understanding of all issues that come before the Board in order to vote in a manner he/she believes is in the best interest of the community.
Community members may also recommend other members for consideration by the Nominating Committee. Deadline to submit nominations to the Nominating Committee, or to self-nominate is March 1, 2023 by 5 pm.
Nominating Committee members will review candidates and present their slate of nominees to fill four vacated Board seats during the DCCA March 18 board meeting. The slate will then be included in the proxy for the election of four new Board members at the Annual Members’ Meeting on Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 10 am. The new members will serve a three-year term commencing on May 6, 2023. The Board members whose terms expire this year are Don Irwin, Karen Licciardello, Kenny Michaels and Tom Moon.